[Mingw-w64-public] What is _pei386_runtime_relocator?
Иван Иванов
2016-11-29 08:47:18 UTC
Could you please tell me what operation does the _pei386_runtime_relocator
function perform exactly? In which cases does the compiler generate calls to this
function? How can I get rid of this function when doing "-nostdlib" development
(think of it like bare metal development)?
lhmouse
2016-12-05 14:11:16 UTC
See comments about --enable-auto-import on
https://www.sourceware.org/binutils/docs/ld/Options.html .

When you refer to a member of a struct or array with static storage duration,
the compiler may generate instructions to read from or write to a constant
address that compares unequal to the address of the struct or array. Such
an address can't be resolved by the DLL loader (because it is not exported)
and is unable to be fixed by LD either and has to be resolved during run time.

Best regards,
lh_mouse
2016-12-05